Sunday, January 31, 2010

just a minute … in january

I’m saddened that Jenaveve isn’t blogging this year. I really enjoyed writing up my monthly review for ‘just a minute’ – it helped me to remember what had happened in the month – and I really enjoyed reading what other people were up to too. I missed the November one last year because my computer died and in December I was too disappointed that Jenaveve had stopped writing to compile a review.  With the new year and the end of the first month I have decided that I am going to play on regardless… so here it is – my ‘just a minute …in January’.

sandy sandals

Listening… R.E.M. Automatic for the People; Neko Case Middle Cyclone”; Kanye West The College Drop Out and Late Registration; Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Reading… not as much as I’d like. I’ve been flicking through books about crochet and sewing. Life has been so hectic I haven’t really got into a fiction yet this year. I am very much hoping that that will change in the month of February.

Sewing… lots of dress-up costumes for three year olds. Also managed to do lots of repairs jobs at the very beginning of the year to make a clean start to the year.

Crocheting… small red and white granny squares for a footy scarf.

Growing…  thriving in the garden this month: zucchini, pumpkin, basil, lettuce. The strawberries look awful!

Photographing… lots of images with the big wide blue sky. Love it. It is my favourite blue. It is my favourite season. Love summer colour. Sad that my DSLR died but looking forward to hopefully playing with a new one in February.

Cooking…party food! Lots of salads since it has been hot and of course food that has zucchini!!!

Playing… at the beach, in the river and in the pool. January has been all about swimming and more swimming.

3 comments:

  1. Sally - I miss this meme too! I'll ask Jen if we can carry it on in her honour. It's such a great way to reflect on a month, and realise that we DID do lots (of thinking, reading, listening, whatevering).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great concept! You should definitely carry it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that Jen would love for you to keep minuting along. I love to see the month in review. Love your music selections

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.