The children’s bedroom that I started painting last week has all been done. The bunk bed has been assembled, as have the new chests of drawers. It has been a busy week, and as is typical for me every step has taken much longer than I’d planned for in my mind.
The room feels all lovely and fresh. We painted the room the same shade of white, peplum quarter (dulux), that we did when we originally moved in here a little over two years ago. It needed just one coat to conceal some toddler art and dirt and grime that had been “creatively” smeared over the walls.
So far so good with the boy keeping his clothes in his new chest of drawers. He is doing very well indeed – I’m chuffed. To help him and his sister out I made them some PJ people…
Now they can store their PJs in these cute little people’s tummies rather than on the floor! Well that’s the idea anyway.
Still a few finishing touches needed for the children’s bedroom. I’ve bought some frames so that E & M can do some painting and hang their own artworks on the walls to bring some more colour into the room. We’re also going to hang the hand prints that we made last year.
I also need to make some decisions about curtains. I keep changing my mind about making my own or buying some ready made.
Be sure to head on over to creativity central for inspiration overload.