Wednesday, August 31, 2011

a cocoon + hat

waiting for baby

This little cocoon and hat was ready and waiting for baby before he was born. Started at a brown owls meet it was unravelled a number of times before I was happy with my guess-timates in regards to size. It is made from lovely snuggly bamboo yarn.

in his cocoon

 

 

Having not packed a bag before going into labour I was pretty chuffed that I thought to grab it as I paced around the house waiting for my dear friend to arrive at our place at 2am to collect Mr. 4 and Ms. 2. I was even more chuffed when I realised that my guess-timates regarding size were pretty close to the mark.

Here is my little fella all snuggly-dovely in his cocoon waiting to leave the hospital and head home via Muzz Buzz and Ikea (needed to buy a curtain rod for his nursery… we really were caught off guard by his early arrival!)

9 comments:

  1. Aaw Sally, he looks so snug in that little cocoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Sally. I seem to have not seen your last few posts so I am here today to congratulate you on the graceful vaginal entry of your little Otis into the world. He looks a wonderful bundle and I am sure he will bring you much joy. I love his name too. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at the cutie , he looks snug as a bug in the rug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out adorable, lucky you got it finished early! I love that you went home via coffee and furniture. No stopping you from being out and about with a super brand new newborn. Superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it and doesn't he look adorable in it, I love the way you went home via the shops too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sal - yum!!! That is the most adorable picture I have seen in - well I don't know how long.
    You do good work - oh and your kitting is not bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops - your knitting is not bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I have just launched myself feverishly into the art of yarn. Crocheting granny squares and knitting garter stitch baby blankets.
    Your gorgeous little bundle looks very cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.