Wednesday, August 17, 2011

counting down – 38 weeks

38wks

Wow. The end is near. Two weeks left to due date. I had a scan last week which revealed that bub at that time was in an anterior position and significantly smaller than my other two children. An interesting development to be sure. The scan predicts that I will have a babe under the 4kg mark this time. Hallelujah! Looking at pictures of me pregnant with my other children I think I do look significantly smaller… at least from front on. Clearly a greater proportion of the 26kgs I’ve put on has gone into my arse than with my previous two pregnancies.

Even though I am excited about meeting my darling baby I’m not sure that I am ready to not be pregnant anymore. On reflection this has certainly been my easiest pregnancy without a doubt. I’m enjoying pregnancy and not sure that I’m ready for it to be over. Still thinking clearly isn’t a strength of mine at this time. My mind is all over the place. I struggle to finish sentences and regularly find myself in rooms wondering why I’m there.

…and now I can’t remember what else I was going to write about in this post!

17 comments:

  1. You look fabulous Sal! Lovely belly!!
    I too loved being pregnant and almost mourned the loss of those little kicks once the babes were born - of course holding them in person was consolation enough though!
    Sending you lots of good vibes for the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful; hope everything will go well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pregnant brain, I am there already!

    You look fabulous! I'm sure that extra weight is all fluid! :) Cohen was 9 pound 4 and my face was like a balloon by the end. So funny.

    Enjoy your last two weeks being pregnant. Nothing else can compare to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh you look georgeous!

    Your pregnancy looks like it is just at the tummy rather than every where else which I found with mine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sally you are glowing and look at you wearing jeans! Oh good a nice smaller baby,sounds like you are on the right track.
    I have that brain all the time and I'm not pregnant. I was supposed to collect a dog for boarding on my way home today and it went clean out of my head in the 10 minutes it took me to drive from one place to another....I had to ring the lady and apologise! LOL (it is hormonal tho so hopefully one day my brain and memory will return)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you're a gorgeous woman, and what a gorgeous pic! and how exciting 2 weeks to go ! xo
    PS what has happened to our team of late? Richmond?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally, you look gorgeous!! My third pregnancy was really easy too and babe was smaller and labour was a breeze for some reason!! I hope the next few weeks are relaxing and enjoyable for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well after reading this I hope you go overdue, I suppose? All the best for the upcoming day, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you swallowed a beach ball, look at you, fantastic!! Congratulations, so close, yay!! 26kg, i hear you, every pregnancy but it always fell off (faster than Posh Spice thank you very much, 4 children & all, not bad for someone not paid to be thin!!) Breastfeeding is my key, it's like liposuction magic. Can't wait to see you with a new baby so soon. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! Best of luck for the home stretch (no pun intended.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sally,

    Enjoy the time left, I know what you mean that you don't want it to end. Being pregnant is a special time, Good luck.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovely to see you ( both) big hugs for everything you want. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say, is that you'd better be luxuriating in the bath with a nice cup of something! May all the planetary things align and the birth be all that it can be (I have everything crossed for you, love).

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic photo! Best wishes for the next bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don´t know if you got my SMS, but if you didn´t! CONGRATULATIONS MUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Sally! I haven't stopped by in such a long time ... sorry. Wow look at you now. Not long. Hope it all goes smoothly. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sal you look gorgeous ... yikes where has the time gone, it's flown, though probably not for you! Sorry to have been so slackly MIA! Wish I was there to engulf you with humungeous HUGS. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.