Wednesday, September 19, 2012

squares knitted by moi

squares knitted by moi

The born to knit blankets, yes blankets, are almost finished. I’m weaving in the ends of the last blanket and then tomorrow I’ll photograph and post them. In the end there were enough squares to make three and a half blankets – that’s fifty six squares – so very very totally awesome. Thankyou again to all those wonderful people who knitted a square or two or three. You’re all amazing. I’ll be sending three blankets and the other half I will finish off over the coming months ready to send off first thing in next year’s blanket drive.

knitting squares

I have so enjoyed knitting my contribution. I’ve knitted soaking up the sunshine and clear blue skies in my garden, on the couch watching children play or the footy, on a friend’s sofa as I babysat, in the car, in bed, at the gym…

I’ve practiced new skills like changing colours, stocking, rib, basket weave and moss stitch. I’ve used different needles, bamboo, metal and plastic. I’ve fixed, as best I could, mistakes. It has been a wonderful learning journey for me. At the start I was just starting to master a basic knit stitch, now I can do so many things that I feel ready to actually attempting to knit something other than a square!

So where to now? Do you have a beginner project or pattern to recommend or suggest?

8 comments:

  1. SO looking forward to seeing the blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they all are so fab!! I've loved watching on as you discover and challenge yourself with knitting. It's been really inspiring! xo
    ps do you think we are a chance tomorrow night. I'm worried Sal, they've beaten us 11 times in the past. 11!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome effort Sal! Well done to you & your knitters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally..these are v. special, I'd love to see the finished blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sally,

    Oh they are so pretty, enjoyed the journey of your knitting. Be careful though people will be putting in orders soon.

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done, thats an awesome effort by every one :) good job by yourself too i must add. putting all those squares together wouldnt have been an easy job. i have a super cute easy peasey top i'll email you. its on my blog (still yet to finish the neckband) http://and-sew-it-seams.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/knit-knit-knit.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Sally! You are the knitting queen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to knit some stripey Christmas stockings but I think that will involve learning to knit on circular needles first!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.