Thursday, October 17, 2013

little blue

You can't write a novel from a briefcase
You can write a poem from a trench
You can dream a dream from A to be
But you can't catch a bus from a bench
You don't back a horse called Striding Snail
You don't name your boat Titanic II
So why when I see your happy smiling face
Do I always end up singing Little Blue

-The Beautiful South

newborn all in one jumper

I must say I have enjoyed knitting for my baby. I started this jumper when I was pregnant – before I knew if I was having a boy or a girl. I just adore this shade of blue – the plan was to embroider some daisies if baby was a girl. The yarn is just an acrylic from my odds and ends box. I was a bit sceptical about whether or not this pattern would work and as such did not want to invest too much in the project.

little blue newborn all in one jumperIt sure was a quick project. Taking no longer than a weekend.

I don’t know that I could recommend this pattern. It’s a bit boxy for my liking. I suppose that’s what you’re going to get with a knit that is essentially just a big cross sewn together under the arm seams.  Still it keeps bub warm and it is very soft and cosy. More knitting practise too… and that has always got to be a good thing.

Ravelled here.

As for reading The Life Of Pi. Have barely turned a page. Might just skip it for now and get a start on next months book. Just now both my creative and reading mojos have gone AWOL. Not too worry. I have managed lots and lots of cuddles with all my children – because there are some older kiddos in need of some Mama hugs, lots of pinning on Pinterest and somewhere in the wee hours of the night watched the second season of New Girl.

Linking up with: Ginni’s @ Small Things Yarn Along, Christina’s @ A Little Bird Told Me Made by Hand and Leonie’s @ Sunshine x 3 Show and Tell.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blue and it looks so cosy! Hope you're enjoying the cuddles and all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes an adorable shade of baby & blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.