Saturday, October 12, 2013

no longer the baby

no longer the babyBringing one baby home I lost another. Strange how big and grown-up O. all of a sudden looks. He is blossoming as a big brother. His talking makes leaps and bounds every day. He is super helpful and caring too. Frankly I’m a tad surprised. I’d anticipated greater struggles, a bit of regression with some jealousy thrown in. Not so. ( … as yet – touch wood!).

On Thursday he had his first ever haircut. Now he looks bigger still.  He may no longer be the baby of the family… but he (and his older brother and sister) will always be my baby.

9 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart - love his first haircut. Ha ha yes, they are always our babies. Ellie stomps her feet and gnarls her teeth at me when I call her my baby....yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all of you guys!! Hope your new little man is doing OK (and you too...) Little O looks like he is filling the big brother role very nicely. Gorgeous photos...Love to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS wonderful news - in ours, kid #1 didn't enjoy the arrival of kid#2 at ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god! I thought that must have been a picture of a younger E at first (I was thinking how much he has changed as he had gotten older) haha.

    What a little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sarah, I thought it was a young E too! He has changed so fast. Very much like a young man now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look how it changes him - he looks so 'grown up'!! Gorgeous boy Sal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me about it! I can't believe my twin 'babies' will be 18 at Christmas. Time flies ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, the little munchkin, I can't believe I've never had the chance to meet him in person, although it feels like I have. I know how you feel, my little baby is not so little anymore either and he has a 6th sense, you know how dogs start acting differently around preg ladies, they get all protective and cuddly even before you know yourself that you are preg... that is currently my little man. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. First hair cut! HUH???? Gee that's amazing at 2! But yes, it sure makes them look older doesn't it! The pictures a precious! Holding the baby is just the sweetest thing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.