Thursday, November 28, 2013

today, not quite summer

virtù - not quite a summer's day

Today the morning light was blinding.

Today I ate a bowl of rice bubbles in bed.

Today I watched a line of ants marching from the bathroom window to an unknown destination as I stood in the shower.

Today my children washed, dried and put away their breakfast dishes without me asking. They sang and danced as they worked. My heart beamed with pride.

Today I sewed hexagons as I supervised my mob swimming in the pool.

Today I pulled faces at my baby and made him smile. His eyes lit up and my soul soared.

Today my daughter spilled her glass of milk – again! I lay on her bed and read her a story about Mrs Wobbly who’d also been told off for spilling things. It made her feel better.

Today I rejoiced with my son about something to do with Skylanders – I don’t understand but I’m thrilled when he is thrilled.

Today I watered the garden with two-year old O. and later I held his hands as he jumped along with Dora.

Today I told my boys that they had the best sister in the world – she is so kind and such a good sharer. They’re all so lucky to have her.

Today I read junk mail with my kiddos before sneaking off for some secret elf work.

Today was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your life. You have such a way with words. I love your day. Thank you for sharing it.

    Secret elf work! Love it! Good luck Mrs Elf... must do some Elf business myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today sounded awesome! Hope tomorrow is awesome for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was indeed a very good day - so glad you are beaming with happiness xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh lots of beautiful things in your day...especially crafting by the pool. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.