Wednesday, November 13, 2013

{free pattern} wee willie winky newborn hat

virtù - newborn wee willie winky hat -  virtuallysally.blogspot.com.au

I just love Wee Willie Winky Hats. There is something about them that I find super adorable and cute. I was determined to knit one for Baby Ace but experienced real issues finding a pattern small enough for a newborn baby. That being the case I worked out my own pattern to fit my newborn baby boy. You can download the PDF pattern here.

Baby Ace’s newborn head circumference was 36cm. I knitted up the hat in 8ply cotton which is soft and not scratchy for my babe’s delicate little head.

virtù - newborn wee willie winky hat virtù - my little ace 

Ravelled.

13 comments:

  1. wow, how clever are you already designing! Love the hat on baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Both babe and hat :)
    Congratulations on knitting up your first design, love it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so adorable!! Very clever Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!!
    Lovely photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little hat, for a very cute baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a gorgeous baby in his cute little hat. What a clever, clever gal you are (making such a cute baby and hat!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely agree. Cuteness overload that's for sure! Happy days to you. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my look at your sweet little one wearing a gorgeous mama made beanie, you are so clever Sally and your little one is so very lucky:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't seem to find the free pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this hat, so adorable!! I hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My niece has recently lost twin girls at 21 weeks, she wanted to dress them but found there were no garments in hospital to dress the girls in.
    When she got home she started the Peggy and Pearl community on facebook, and asked family and friends if they could crochet or knit tiny items for tiny babies who do not survive and she now contributes these items to hospitals.
    I was looking for a hat pattern and think that yours will be ideal.
    Thank you
    Jokeav april 2014

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.