Thursday, May 1, 2014

a doily skirt

virtù - #finishit2014 doily skirt

Ta-dah! Another #finishit2014 chalked up. YAY!

This doily skirt was started in 2012 as part of Cam’s Make it in May. The making processes for this very simple denim skirt stalled so many times. Firstly there was getting the doily the right length in relation to the hem and by the time I had that sorted I’d lost some of the baby weight from Ode’s birth. Just now the skirt fits me so it was time to re-kindle the love, finish the hem and get a few wears out of it before the body changes again now that baby Ace is starting on solids.

virtù - on the inside

On the inside? Fabric chosen by E. to gift wrap a gift way back when. I love seeing the fabrics the children choose to wrap presents. When I first saw this one I was a bit “what the heck am I going to do with that?” but now I really really love it. The lining is one of my favourite things about the skirt.

  

Linking up with Leonie.

7 comments:

  1. I remember this skirt! How lovely that you have finished it off and are getting a chance to wear it. A reason for thinking about a fifth bub? Chance to wear your skirt again! ;P The lining is so cute and the meaning behind it makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! It's totally fab & yep, the lining is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sally,

    Love it, using that fabric for the lining is a lovely idea. Lots of memories with the skirt.

    Have a great day.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so lovely Sally! Love the extra's and especially love the lining! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. visiting from Leonie. I love this. It is beautifully sewn and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow how cool are you! Clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.